- Awareness raising about the industrial heritage value and importance in diversification of tourism offer in our regions;
- Establishing the cooperation network among tourism related stakeholders of the industrial heritage in Latvia and Estonia and building the bridge with European Network of Industrial heritage;
- Development and improvement of industrial heritage sites according to the nowadays visitors’ needs and expectations – in a live, attractive way both – with entertainment and education elements;
- Combining the sites into joint industrial heritage route and promoting among the local and foreign target markets.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD
1 May 2017 – 30 April 2019
EUR 1 143 135.40 (including funding of the European Regional Development Fund EUR 971 665.09)
The Project is implemented by the Lead Partner – Kurzeme planning region in cooperation with 25 partners from Latvia and Estonia:
|LP||Kurzeme Planning Region||16||Freeport of Ventspils Authority|
|2||Riga Planning Region||17||Society „Train station „Airītes””|
|3||NGO West-Estonia Tourism||18||Aizpute country municipality|
|4||Vidzeme Planning Region||19||Kuldīga country municipality|
|5||Foundation South-Estonia Tourism||20||Wool Factory, Ltd|
|6||NGO Alatskivi Nature Centre||21||Līgatne Municipality|
|7||NGO Altveski||22||Ķoņu dzirnavas, Ltd|
|8||Rapina Paper Factory||23||Kocēni Municipality Council|
|9||AS Generaator||24||Gulbene – Alūksne bānītis, Ltd|
|10||NGO Hellenurme Watermill-Museum||25||Laane-Nigula Municipality|
|11||Limbažu Tīne, Ltd||26||Estonian Lighthouse Society|
|12||Jaunpils Municipality||27||Limex, Ltd|
|13||Ķekava Municipality||28||Foundation of Haapsalu and Laanemaa Museum|
|14||Saule Bīriņu Pils, Ltd||29||NGO Estonian Peat Museum|
|15||Rideļu dzirnavas, Ltd||30||Municipality of Poide|
Project has ambitions to revise the industrial heritage resources in the programme area and to build the tourism product – joint route which demonstrate industrial heritage and tell the history in an attractive and participatory way. In the project are involved 5 thematic objects: mills and hydroelectric power stations, old manufacturing sites, railway heritage, lighthouses and water towers.
Project will be launched with networking and cooperation activities, which are essential to bring together owners and managers of industrial heritage sites, as well to involve related stakeholders (state institutions and Non-governmental organizations).
Networking activities will be supported also with competence building initiatives – regional seminars, cross-border thematic workshops, as well mentoring for sites – to provide required knowledge, so that sites are developed in line with the latest trends in tourism product development and taking into account expectations and demands of market – visitors.
In total 26 industrial heritage sites shall have improvements and will develop tourism products:
1) Mills and hydroelectric power stations – 5 sites
2) Old manufacturing sites – 9 sites
3) Railway heritage – 5 sites.
4) Lighthouses –4 sites.
5) Water towers – 3 sites.
Project’s marketing activities are aimed to provide greater awareness about the whole region and to increase number of visitors.
The above reflects author’s views and the Managing Authority of Estonia-Latvia Programme is not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.